Hey there Legal Eagle! I’m glad you landed on this page.
You’re here because you’re wondering if you should take steps to legalize your business or because you want to legalize your business but you don’t know how.
You’re in the right place!
I’ve put together a free webinar, with slides and a FREE workbook to guide you through this process. You’ve probably heard a lot about Sole Proprietorships, LLCs, S-corps, C-Corps, limited liability, etc. This webinar is meant to clear it all up.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Three reasons why you should legalize your business
- The different types of business entities and how they legitimize your business; and
- Three easy steps you can take to legalize your business today!
Three reasons why you should legalize your business. You’ve probably been back and forth about this. Do I really need to take that step to make my business official? Is it illegal to operate my business as a sole proprietorship? I’ve legalized my business, now what?
- Make your business official
- Build trust with your audience
- Protect yourself / limit your liability
Understanding different types of entities. This section of the webinar discusses your options when it comes to forming an entity. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. I’ll review each of these entities:
- Sole Proprietorship
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
The free workbook walks you through evaluating your assets (to help you understand what could be at risk if you don’t protect your personal property) and depending on the entity you form, you can record pertinent information about your entity formation so you can timely pay any taxes, renewal fees, or file any reports.
Three easy steps to legalizing your business. As an entrepreneur and sole business owner, you’ll be faced with hundreds of decisions. You can’t agonize over every decision. While it’s important to prioritize legalizing your business, you don’t need to spend months debating one entity over the other or going back and forth.
This webinar provides actions steps, a step-by-step guide, and a workbook to help you move through the process and make the best decision for you. Remember two things (1) what works for you may not work for someone else and (2) what works for you today may not work for you next year or three years from now. But don’t put off legalizing your business because you want to dissect everything there is to know about LLC (trust me . . I’m a lawyer, 10 years in and I’m still discovering LLCs).
In the webinar, I discuss some of the tips to consider when deciding the right entity for you:
- What is your risk tolerance? Do you have a lot of personal property that could be at risk?
- Are you seeking investors? If so, then Sole Proprietorship won’t work for you. You will need to form either an LLC or a Corporation. I explain the benefits of each in the webinar.
- Are you hiring W2 employees? (not independent contractors) If so, then a Sole Proprietorship won’t work.